Sunday, August 20, 2017

Become the Wind Beneath My Everwing


"... "Kabi-kabilang events" or speaking engagements are not the measures of success. That's really shallow.

My advice lang bro is for you to just learn to listen. Stop talking, be humble, and listen." - Carlo Ople

True. Even the busiest blogger with so many events and campaigns get them from different sources including friends, colleagues and relatives. It does not automatically mean superiority or being categorized as among the top. It only means he or she has the right, or wrong, people around him that can make things happen.

However,  I believe success could not be measured.  It cannot be quantified based on certain factors or criteria.  A father who was able to put all of his kids through school can say he is successful compared to the richest businessman in the world who's greed has kept him wanting more.

I never paused to think if I am successful or not,  because life has been a coninuous success for me. Whenever I encounter disappointments, I always anticipate something to balance it out.

Success only comes when you're satisfied with what you have achieved regardless of how high or low it is.

I cherish every moment in my life so for me every little accomplishment,  may it be baking muffins for the first time, meeting my favorite artist, or finally winning the heart of someone,  are all worthy of the recognition. Those are my successes in life that are worth remembering.

As for listening, I have no problem with it. I just don't keep quite. I actually listen intently that is why I am extra noisy as well. I cannot keep on listening when others would not do the same. It should be a two-way process.  I would keep being the voice of the meek, shy and weak to oppose the online bashers who attack people and not the issues.

The irony is, coming from someone who asks me to listen, yet he tutors me on measuring success, while others were questioning my credibility and competence. Nowhere on the discussion did I claim to be successful.  I merely pointed out that people most probably believe I am competent enough to be invited to their events,  or they simply just want their brand promoted on my site. Never bragged about being successful, but only believed in myself.

Mind you,  I listen to all. That is why I am very vocal to share what others are telling me. That is why I love blogging. That is why I love bashibg the bashers. I say no to bullying... Online or offline, you'll hear from me.

When people attack from behind,  badmouth  to others, or come up with hate threads to gang up on unsuspecting bloggers,  they just showed they can only outdo others when they play unfair.  Let the people concerned do their homework. These bashers should go back to school and learn again.

What people perceive as boasting is just a celebration of every little achievement. We are proud to share it with the whole world to inspire others to continuously love themselves and attain greater heigths. Who else should love us endearly but us. If humble means keeping on taking all the punches without retaliating,  then I refuse to be humble. We all need to flaunt our identity.  Life is just too short to waste being humble in a corner. People need to know we exist and we are great! It's called Marketing and Selling yourself. We just all differ in strategy.

Each one of us were given the heart and mind to think and love, we use it both to make better decisions. Still,  our worth is not defined by how the people around perceive us.  It is defined by how satisfied and at peace we are with ourselves.

Hey, I finally got into the Everwing game. Like life,  the start was a bit slow and surprising yet as the game progressed,  I finally git the hang if it.  Thanks to another blogger who was cheering me on and giving me tips to play the game right.

That is how you encourage others to do well.  You don't tell them they are no good,  you encourage them that they can do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment